FRONT DESK RECEPTIONIST
Muskogee and Porter locations
This individual attends to patients on the phone and in person. Coordinates and organizes appointments and documentation to facilitate the smooth running of the healthcare environment and supports delivery of quality patient care.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Greet patients upon arrival.
- Register patients according to established protocols.
- Distribute all necessary forms and paperwork to patients and review them to ensure all required fields are completed properly.
- Ensure patient information is accurate including billing and medical insurance information.
- Maintain and manage patient records within HIPAA guidelines.
- Answer incoming calls in a professional manner and handle inquiries.
- Schedule patient appointments.
- Collect co-pays and payments.
- Assist with admissions/treatment per protocols including hospital admissions, tests, scans and outside appointments for patients.
- Obtain and communicate medical results as required by medical professionals.
- Respond and comply to requests for information using HIPAA protocols.
- Complete other clerical duties as assigned.
- Maintain stock of forms and office supplies.
- Ensure reception area is well maintained, neat and clean.
- Safeguard patient privacy and confidentiality
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Knowledge of medical terminology, procedures and diagnosis is a plus.
- Knowledge of computer and relevant software applications is required.
- Working knowledge of healthcare insurance is a plus.
Schedule: Full-Time Monday – Friday, hours may vary depending on location
*This position will float to other clinics as needed.
*Bilingual candidates are a plus.
AVV Health Centers are equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices, on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disabilities, veteran status, or any other basis that is prohibited by federal, state, or local law. This application will be given every consideration; however, its submission and receipt does not imply that an applicant will be hired.